Possip is a growing data-driven start-up that uses technology and insights to strengthen schools, students, and communities. Working with 700+ schools and organizations across 26 states, we have an ambitious mission fueled by our desire to strengthen communities through improved communication. We believe every school can have simplified systems for hearing from parents. We also believe that race, language, and socioeconomic diversity should not be a barrier to communication between parents and schools. We are tech-enabled and people-centered.
Possip has a rich data set of qualitative and quantitative data that grows exponentially every year. We are looking for a leader experienced in data analysis and translating data into insights. You will work closely with our customer experience team to use data to answer key questions from our school & district partners. You will also drive your own analysis based on our existing data and publicly available data sets to drive insights for the education sector.
Possip is a remote team with employees working from home or co-working spaces. We communicate frequently through video conferences.
- Lead the development of Possip’s data and insights branch
- Develop thought leadership and research agenda for our internal organization and external partners
- Provide analysis and insights for district-wide questions and ad hoc customer requests
- Lead creation and analysis of longer-form surveys
- Analyze existing Possip data for insights
- Work with Possip’s partners in the education ecosystem on projects that provide parents’ insights and perspectives
- Manage resources required to perform duties including student interns and other team members as needed
- Develop internal dashboards and reports with KPIs
- Grow the data and insights team as Possip grows
- As part of a small start-up team, you can expect the role to evolve as needed and as the business evolves
Are you our next teammate?
You are ready to create a new branch in a fast-growing organization. You have a deep understanding and experience in analyzing large data sets of both qualitative and quantitative information. You are someone who understands how to drive insights and stories from data and can communicate that information to stakeholders. You understand the education sector and have had experience with navigating complex organizations.
Most importantly you believe each person, inclusive of every socioeconomic status, racial or ethnic identity, and educational experience has value and deserves to have their voice shared in a productive way. You believe in the power and potential of schools – and see yourself as a supporter of the leaders and educators who work within them. Because of this belief, you will drive the work of Possip forward.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- 7+ years experience in roles requiring in-depth work with large data sets
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data sets
- Experience with advanced analytics tools & languages including R and SQL preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to tell stories with data
- Experience managing people and teams
- Experience translating insights and data analysis to action for schools and districts
- Authorized to work in the United States
You will join a start-up team growing the service, insights, and platform that will simplify and enable stronger feedback loops across diverse user groups. We look forward to connecting with you!