Possip is a growing data-driven start-up that uses technology and insights to strengthen schools, students, and communities. Working with 1000+ schools and organizations in more than 30 states, we have an ambitious mission fueled by our desire to strengthen communities through improved communication. We believe every school can have simplified systems for hearing from parents. We also believe that race, language, and socioeconomic diversity should not be a barrier to communication between parents and schools. We are tech-enabled and people-centered.Possip is built on Ruby on Rails, and utilizes Heroku, Twilio, AWS, and GCP. After 6 years in market, Possip has served over 1,000,000 families collecting large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data. If you’re passionate about using technology to drive positive change and want to join a fast-growing
startup with a mission-driven culture, we encourage you to apply today.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Machine Learning and Data Engineer to join our dynamic tech team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in machine learning, data science, and software engineering. This role will be instrumental in developing and implementing machine learning projects, and in transforming our web application data into a more accessible format for data analysis. Possip is a remote team with current employees working from home or co-working spaces. We communicate frequently through video conference.
We’re looking for experience like:
- Proven experience collaborating with software development and product management teams,
preferably with a focus on understanding and implementing machine learning projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and maintain machine learning algorithms and
- Experience in designing and building data transformation pipelines, particularly for converting
web application data into a format suitable for data analysis.
- A track record of working closely with data analytics teams to understand their data needs and
provide effective solutions.
- Expertise in improving and optimizing complex schemas of web applications for better data
- A commitment to ensuring data quality and integrity, as evidenced by robust testing and
validation procedures in your previous roles.
- A strong interest in staying updated with the latest industry trends and technologies in
machine learning and data engineering. Your application will stand out if you can demonstrate
this through continuous learning, certifications, or project work.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role (1 to 3 years).
- Strong knowledge of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
- Strong experience with machine learning frameworks (like Keras, PyTorch, or TensorFlow) and
libraries (like scikit-learn).
- Experience with data visualization tools such at Matplotlib
- Hands-on experience in SQL database design and data mining.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning algorithms and principles.
- Proficiency in a programming language (preferably Python).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
More About the Role
You will support a start-up team working to grow a service & platform that will simplify & enable parent to school feedback loops across a diversity of parents and schools. You must care about integrating parent perspective into schools, & about helping schools learn and grow. You should be able to successfully navigate diverse communities, constituencies, and contexts.
Salary Range: $90,000 to $120,000 per year, commensurate with experience and qualifications, and dependent upon geography. In addition to salary, Possip also offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and unlimited PTO.