Full Stack Software Engineer
Possip is a growing data-driven start-up that uses technology and insights to strengthen schools, students, and communities. Working with 1000+ schools and organizations across 29 states, we have an ambitious mission fueled by our desire to strengthen communities through improved communication. We believe every school can have simplified systems for hearing from parents. We also believe that race, language, and socioeconomic diversity should not be a barrier to communication between parents and schools. We are tech-enabled and people-centered.
Possip is built on Ruby on Rails, and utilizes Heroku, Twilio, AWS, and GCP.
After 5 years in the market, Possip has served over 500,000 families collecting large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for building data-driven web products. Your primary focus will be the development of all necessary logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, as well as developer operations as necessary. Maintaining scalability, high performance, and responsiveness for front-end requests will also be part of your domain. You will also be responsible for building and integrating front-end components into the application, so an understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well. Our team members take strong ownership of every system they touch, prioritize requests while staying flexible and positive, and are passionate about continual learning. Possip is a remote team with current employees working from home or co-working spaces. We communicate frequently through video conferences.
We’re looking for experiences like:
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, reliable, and scalable Ruby code
- Identifying opportunities to improve code, data management, and platform usability
- Writing, enhancing, or updating code across the entire technology stack
- Working with a variety of third-party API integrated services
- Reviewing and debugging other developers’ code
- Improving and maintaining applications after deployment
- Management of an application hosted on Heroku
- Building out the architecture on either AWS or GCP
- Strong programming foundations
- 4+ years experience in web application development and product roles
- Experience with Ruby and Rails
- Demonstrated experience managing full development lifecycle from requirements, development, testing, deployment
- Professional working experience with Heroku and AWS or GCP
- Authorized to work in the United States
You will support a small start-up team working to grow a service and platform that will simplify and enable parent-to-school feedback loops across a diversity of parents and schools. You must care about integrating parent perspective into schools, and about helping schools learn and grow. You should be able to successfully navigate diverse communities, constituencies, and contexts.