Proposal Manager and Content Writer
This position is part of the sales and marketing team – a dedicated group of professionals working together to achieve ambitious goals to support broad adoption fo Possip.
As a rapidly growing company, the position of the Proposal Manager will evolve with Possip. All members of the Sales & Marketing team are key drivers of goal of increasing the number of schools, districts and other organizations utilizing Possip to improve communication with their key stakeholders.
Proposal Manager and Content Writer:
As the first team member in this position you will shape the role and its impact on our organization. We are seeking a Proposal Manager and Content Writer to join our Sales and Marketing team and support the creation of compelling content for newsletters, email sequences, website and other copy to convey the value of Possip to a variety of stakeholders.
You will manage the proposal writing process from start to finish. You’ll gather the necessary materials and team members, write the content, facilitate the editing process, and submit the responses. Possip desires to respond to 20 – 40 Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from foundations, government agencies, school districts and other stakeholders each year. As we respond to more and more RFPs with proposals, you’ll work with the broader team to create the knowledge management and systems that allow us to respond to RFPs with speed and quality, ultimately increasing our ability to impact more and more districts and kids around the country.
- Understand the requirements and opportunities of states, agencies and districts to identify opportunities for winning new business through an RFP
- Develop relationships and contractors who can support RFP success, as needed
- Own content-writing for Possip responses to RFPs
- Provide content writing for sales and marketing related projects – with an emphasis on communicating the value of Possip through compelling content delivered through our prospect newsletters, blogs, and sales collateral.
- Manage complex projects with tight timelines and multiple stakeholders
- Analyze incoming RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs to determine products required, level of effort, necessary team involvement, and any company requirements
- Partner cross-functionally with various team members to craft compelling, accurate responses that win proposals
- Ensure that our proposals are accurately compiled, printed, and bound according to specifications; ship and track final copies to ensure their timely delivery
- Coordinate preparation for presentations to districts and state education agencies that have invited us to demonstrate our products after evaluating our proposals
- Develop a scalable process and knowledge management system with others on the Sales team so that Possip can respond to RFPs with increasing speed, including creating, updating and storing documentation and collateral.
Support Outreach team with content development for sales collateral, as needed – both for formal RFPs and for informal or non-solicited bids and proposals.
- Manage the completion of compliance forms and vendor questionnaires
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 3-5 years of experience writing technical proposals
- Strong writing ability and love for writing, particularly technical writing
- Excellent collaboration and project management skills
- Ability to communicate key information quickly and effectively
- Detail-oriented; comfortable following complex instructions and managing other people to deadlines; great proofreading and copyediting skills
- Ability to write persuasively about technical and business products and services
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines (extra hours at times)
- Ability to work on multiple proposals simultaneously
- Experience with technical/proposal writing in education
- A passion for making an impact in the systems that impact people, especially education
You will support a small start-up team working to grow a service and platform that will simplify and enable parent to school feedback loops across a diversity of parents and schools. You must care about integrating parent perspectives into schools, and about helping schools learn and grow. You should be able to successfully navigate diverse communities, constituencies, and contexts.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $75,000 per year, commensurate with experience and qualifications, and dependent upon geography. In addition to salary, Possip also offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and unlimited PTO.