Possip is a growing data-driven start-up that uses technology and insights to strengthen schools, students, and communities. Working with 1000+ schools and organizations in more than 30 states, we have an ambitious mission fueled by our desire to strengthen communities through improved communication. We believe every school can have simplified systems for hearing from parents. We also believe that race, language, and socioeconomic diversity should not be a barrier to communication between parents and schools. We are tech-enabled and people-centered.
Possip is built on Ruby on Rails, and utilizes Heroku, Twilio, AWS, and GCP.
After 6 years in the market, Possip has served over 500,000 families collecting large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data.
If you’re passionate about using technology to drive positive change and want to join a fast-growing startup with a mission-driven culture, we encourage you to apply today!
- We are seeking a highly experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for building scalable, data-driven web applications, with a focus on maintaining high performance, responsiveness, and reliability. As a senior software developer, you will take ownership of
every system you work on, collaborating with team members to prioritize requests and ensure successful delivery of projects. You should have a deep understanding of front-end technologies and be able to build and integrate front-end components into the application. Additionally, you will be responsible for defining and maintaining the central database and performing developer operations as necessary. Successful candidates will have a passion for continual learning and be committed to staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices.
- Possip is a remote team with current employees working from home or co-working spaces. We communicate frequently through video conferences.
We’re looking for experiences like:
- Extensive experience designing, building, and maintaining scalable and reliable Ruby applications
- Proven ability to identify opportunities for code optimization, data management improvements, and platform usability enhancements
- Expertise in writing, enhancing, or updating code across the entire technology stack, including front-end and back-end development
- Experience working with third-party API-integrated services and integrating them into applications
- Strong ability to review and debug other developers’ code
- Demonstrated experience improving and maintaining applications after deployment, including management of an application hosted on Heroku or GCP
- Proficiency in building out the architecture on either AWS or GCP, including familiarity with relevant services such as S3, Translate, Pinpoint, SageMaker, API Gateway, AutoML
- 5+ years’ experience in web application development and product roles
- Experience with Ruby and Rails
- Demonstrated experience managing full development lifecycle from requirements, development, testing, deployment
- Professional working experience with Heroku and AWS or GCP
- Authorized to work in the United States
You will support a small start-up team working to grow a service and platform that will simplify and enable parent to school feedback loops across a diversity of parents and schools. You must care about integrating parent perspectives into schools, and about helping schools learn and grow. You should be able to successfully navigate diverse communities, constituencies, and contexts.
Salary Range: $100,000 to $135,000 per year, commensurate with experience and qualifications, and dependent upon geography. In addition to salary, Possip also offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and unlimited PTO.