APPLY HERE TO JOIN POSSIP AS A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Possip is a growing start-up that uses technology and insights to strengthen schools, students, and communities.
We have an ambitious mission fueled by our genuine desire to strengthen communities through improved communication.
We are looking for people who take strong ownership of every system they touch, prioritize requests while staying flexible and positive, and are passionate about continual learning.
If you’re interested in both getting in the details with writing code from scratch and reviewing other people’s work, we’d love to meet you.
As a software developer at Possip, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, reliable, and scalable Ruby code
- Identifying opportunities to improve code, data management, and platform usability
- Working with the lead developer to best understand all needs and coding requirements
- Writing, enhancing, or updating code across the entire technology stack with a particular emphasis on the back-end
- Working with a variety of third-party API integrated services (and the potential to add and leverage a few more)
- Manipulating, mining, and studying data from our platform
- Offering improvement suggestions wherever appropriate
- Reviewing and debugging other developers’ code
- Improving and maintaining applications after deployment
We are looking for someone with:
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a web application developer
- A strong understanding of Ruby and Rails
- Experience managing infrastructure of a growing application, working with legacy code and authoring and managing third-party API integrations
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Appreciation for and experience with version control (GitHub)
- The ability to translate feature requests into design specifications (think Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with cloud platform providers (i.e. Heroku, AWS, GCP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with data analysis and any data specific languages (i.e. Python, R, etc.)
- Experience providing strong customer service, or strong empathy for the customer experience
This role can be remote with a preference for Nashville, Cincinnati, or Atlanta where we have members of our tech team.