Role: Software Developer
Date: July 2020
Possip is strengthening communities through those at the front lines. We are a growing start-up that uses technology and insights to make it easy for districts and schools to hear and learn from families and staff. The Possip team believes race, language, and socioeconomic diversity should not be a barrier to communication.
We have an ambitious mission fueled by our genuine desire to strengthen communities through improved communication. We are striving for excellence but don’t take ourselves too seriously in the process.
As a software developer at Possip, your primary responsibilities will be:
- One-stop shop – from design to code
- Maintain, design and implement new and existing code
- Manipulate, mine, and study data from our platform
- Identify opportunities to improve code, data management, and platform usability
- Working with the lead developer to best understand all needs and coding requirements
- Writing code across the entire technology stack with a particular emphasis on front-end
- Working with a variety of third-party API integrated services (and the potential to add and leverage a few more)
- Offering improvement suggestions wherever appropriate
We are looking for someone with:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a web application developer
- Appreciation for and experience with version control (GitHub)
- The ability to translate feature requests into design specifications (think Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with cloud platform providers (i.e. Heroku, AWS, GCP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data analysis and any data specific languages (i.e. Python, R, etc.)
- Experience with React, React Native
- Experience providing strong customer service, or strong empathy for the customer experience
Possip is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.