Full Stack Engineer (SRE and Infrastructure)
Possip is a growing data-driven start-up that uses technology and insights to strengthen schools, students, and communities. Working with 1000+ schools and organizations across 29 states, we have an ambitious mission fueled by our desire to strengthen communities through improved communication. We believe every school can have simplified systems for hearing from parents. We also believe that race, language, and socioeconomic diversity should not be a barrier to communication between parents and schools. We are tech-enabled and people-centered.
Possip is built on Ruby on Rails, and utilizes Heroku, Twilio, AWS, and GCP.
After 5 years in market, Possip has served over 500,000 families collecting large amounts of
quantitative and qualitative data.
Possip is looking for an experienced developer who has meaningfully contributed to infrastructure, architecture, and operations work. As we grow our systems need to grow and we wish to do so in the most thoughtful, methodical, and future facing way as possible. The ideal candidate will help us build a scalable cloud-based infrastructure that will facilitate meaningful deployment, configuration, and monitoring, as well as high availability, efficiency, and performance. The role will include both operations work as well as project work. Time will be devoted to both building and managing infrastructure as well as creating new features, scaling the system, and facilitating automation. Possip is a remote team with current employees working from home or co-working spaces. We communicate frequently through video conference.
We’re looking for experience like:
- Strong systems administration
- Building robust monitoring, logging, and alert management systems
- Building and rolling out tooling to help developers deploy secure software with the least friction
- Management of an application hosted on Heroku
- Building out architecture on either AWS or GCP
- Securing cloud-based applications infrastructure
- Strong programming foundations
- 4+ years’ experience in web application development and product roles
- Experience with Ruby and Rails
- Demonstrated experience managing full development lifecycle from requirements, development, testing, deployment
- Professional working experience with Heroku and AWS or GCP
- Experience with SRE best practices (bonus for introducing them to an organization)
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines with pre/post-deployment checks
- Significant understanding of cloud infrastructure design and optimization
- Experience testing cloud-based infrastructure
- Bonus for any cloud related certifications (GCP or AWS)
- Authorized to work in the United States
You will support a small start-up team working to grow a service and platform that will simplify and enable parent to school feedback loops across a diversity of parents and schools. You must care about integrating parent perspective into schools, and about helping schools learn and grow. You should be able to successfully navigate diverse communities, constituencies and contexts.