During the week ending February 5th, over 30,000 parents or caregivers responded to a pulse check with their parent praise and insights. We know parents and family members hear from their school – but you may wonder what else is happening across the 26 states where Possip partners with schools, districts and families. Take a look at an overview of parent praise and insight from across the country.
Last week, 72% of parents responded that they were happy with their child’s school, with the remaining saying they were mostly happy or not happy with their child’s school.
We saw a few themes across the country:
- celebrations of the above and beyond work and commitment of teachers and staff
- requests for more information and communication on reopening plans and safety protocols
- families also want increased information on student attendance and updates on academic progress
Here are a few suggested tools and resources based on what we are hearing.
- 5 Ways Parents Can Support Strong Teacher Communication Virtually: https://possip.com/5-ways-parents-can-support-strong-teacher-communication-virtually/
- How to Write An Email With Feedback to a Teacher: (This could be used for feedback on attendance tracking or grade communication) https://possip.com/teacher-feedback-email/
- Reopening Checklist for Schools
We also shared these resources with our partner schools…
- How To Help Parents Working at Helping to Teach Virtually: https://possip.com/11-things-schools-can-do-to-help-working-parents-when-teaching-virtually/
- 4 Tips on Communicating Academic Progress Virtually: https://possip.com/4-tips-on-communicating-academic-progress-to-parents-virtually/
- Resources Mentioning Improving Attendance: https://possip.com/distance-learning-tips/ and https://possip.com/school-ideas/
We’d love to hear from you. What else do you want to need or see? Do these parent praise and insights align with what you see?