During the week ending March 5th, over 20,000 parents or caregivers responded to a pulse check with their parents’ praise and insights. We know parents and family members hear from their school after Possip pulse checks – but you may wonder what else is happening across the 26 states where Possip partners with schools, districts and families. Take a look at an overview of family trends in feedback from across the country.
Last week, 64% of parents responded that they were happy with their child’s school, with the remaining saying they were mostly happy or not happy with their child’s school.
We saw a few family trends across the country:
- Specific shout-outs to teachers who have supported their children during virtual learning
- Praise for districts that are in the process of reopening school or recently moved to in-person learning
- Continued feedback and comments about school reopening plans and future or current COVID safety protocols
- Requests for more communication from teachers and the school overall
- Feedback for teachers around academic progress communication, virtual classroom management, and substitute teacher effectiveness
Here are a few suggested parent tools and resources based on what we are hearing.
- Blog: How to write an email with feedback to a teacher: https://possip.com/teacher-feedback-email/
- Blog: 5 Ways Parents Can Support Strong Teacher Communication Virtually https://possip.com/5-ways-parents-can-support-strong-teacher-communication-virtually/
We also shared these resources with our partner schools…
- Free Resource: COVID-19 Communication Parent Newsletter Template: https://app.hubspot.com/documents/5933397/view/94080897?accessId=82f822
- Blog: Parent Teacher Communication During COVID-19: https://possip.com/parent-teacher-communication-during-covid-19/
- Blog: 6 Tips on How to Communicate So Parents Listen and Hear: https://possip.com/parent-communication/
Engage Parents & Get Feedback Today
Possip is a parent engagement platform unlike any other. We’re continually updating our software, blog content, and resources. We’d love to hear from you. Do these parent pings align with what you see in your district or school? Contact us today to share your insights.