During the week ending February 12th, over 32,000 parents or caregivers responded to a Pulse Check™ with their parent praise and insights. We hope seeing the trends last week was a helpful experience for you all. We will be sharing these collective insights from parents across the country each week. Take a look at an overview of trends of praises and insights from families across the country.
Last week, 73% of parents responded that they were happy with their child’s school, with the remaining saying they were mostly happy or not happy with their child’s school.
We saw a few themes across the country:
- praise for school staff members and the hard work they are doing during this time
- feedback and comments about school reopening plans and future or current COVID safety protocols
- requests for academic support for students who are struggling or could benefit from one-on-one support
- families of students with an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) shared that they needed more support for their children
- desire for updates on academic progress, current grades for their child, and requests for progress reports
Here are a few suggested tools and resources based on what we are hearing.
- Navigating Your Child’s IEP Needs in a Virtual Environment: https://possip.com/navigating-child-iep-needs-virtual-environment/
- 8 Tips to Help Parents Be Homework Heroes : https://possip.com/8-tips-to-help-parents-be-homework-heroes/
We also shared these resources with our partner schools…
- Free Resource: Virtual Learning Progress Report Template: https://hubs.ly/H0zJZ6g0
- Free Resource: COVID-19 Communication Parent Newsletter Template: https://app.hubspot.com/documents/5933397/view/94080897?accessId=82f822
- Supporting Families with Diverse Learners: https://possip.com/principals-corner-supporting-families-with-diverse-learners/
We’d love to hear from you. What else do you want to need or see? Do these parent praise and insights align with what you see?