Cincinnati Public School Families
We have heard from many of you Parents/Guardians/Caregivers through Possip Pulse Checks™ this semester and want to share back trends that CPS is hearing. Thank you for using voice to share your ideas, praise, feedback, and needs to help your child – and all of our schools.
This semester, over 15,500 of you shared through these Pulse Checks™. Thank you for Activating Your Voice. Your feedback helps your child’s school and increases their academic and social-emotional success. What Happens After a Pulse Check?
- District leaders review trends and overall results with principals.
- Principals read their individual reports and take action based on family comments.
Trending Topics From 2022 Pulse Checks:
- Praise for teachers and staff members! Over 50% of all the positive comments were for teachers and how they support students, create nurturing environments, and are appreciated!
- COVID-19 related feedback, opinions, questions, and appreciation for safety measures and new protocols or transitions this semester
- Feedback about teacher’s curriculum and a focus on enhancing student learning
- Both praise and feedback about the amount of teacher communication
- Feedback about transportation and a more reliable bus service
- Questions and feedback about bullying prevention and how schools are addressing bullying on campus
Last week specifically, 70% of families said “yes” to feeling happy with their child’s school. Overall, most families were positive about their student’s school since the start of the year.
- 70% of families said “yes” to feeling happy with their child’s school.
- 17% of families said they were “mostly” happy and 13% said “no” to feeling happy
We look forward to continuing to use Possip Pulse Checks ™ in the 2022-2023 school year to hear your valued input.
This is the last pulse check of the semester, but remember to #activateyourvoice next year!
Please remember to contact your school office to update important contact information as it changes.
We look forward to hearing from all of you!