During the week ending March 12th, 2021, over 10,000 parents, family members, or caregivers responded to a pulse check with praise and insights. We know families hear from their school about the Possip Pulse Checks trends in their community – but we think it’s helpful information to hear what is happening across the 25+ states where Possip partners with schools, districts and families. Take a look at an overview of parent praise and insight from across the country.
Last week, 75% of parents responded that they were happy with their child’s school, with the remaining saying they were mostly happy or not happy with their child’s school.
We saw a few themes across the country:
- Praise for the way staff members are handling school reopenings and virtual learning during this time
- Appreciation for community events that happened this week in various formats (i.e. virtually or drive-thru events)
- Continued feedback, questions, and comments about school reopening plans and COVID safety measures
- Continued requests for additional academic support for students who are struggling or could benefit from one-on-one support
- Families of students with an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) shared that they needed more support for their children
- Continued desire for increased communication from both the school leadership teams and teachers
- Questions and feedback about attendance policies and requesting follow-up about students being marked absent
Here are a few suggested tools and resources based on what we are hearing.
- Blog: Navigating Your Child’s IEP Needs in a Virtual Environment: https://possip.com/navigating-child-iep-needs-virtual-environment/
- Blog: 8 Tips to Help Parents Be Homework Heroes : https://possip.com/8-tips-to-help-parents-be-homework-heroes/
We also shared these resources with our partner schools…
- Free Resource: COVID-19 Communication Parent Newsletter Template: https://app.hubspot.com/documents/5933397/view/94080897?accessId=82f822
- Blog: Driving Strong Attendance & Enrollment: https://possip.com/driving-strong-attendance-and-enrollment/
- Blog: Supporting Families with Diverse Learners: https://possip.com/principals-corner-supporting-families-with-diverse-learners/
We’d love to hear from you. What else do you want to need or see? Do these samples of parent praise and insights align with what you see?