During the week ending February 28th, over 33,000 parents or caregivers responded to a pulse check with their parent praise and insights. Below are trends in comments from families across the country taken directly from our Possip reports. Take a look at an overview of parent praise and insight from Possip families:
Last week, 73% of parents responded that they were happy with their child’s school, with the remaining saying they were mostly happy or not happy with their child’s school.
We saw a few themes across the country:
- appreciation for school staff members and their continued focus on student success and well-being
- comments, questions, and feedback about COVID safety measures being taken on campus during in-person learning
- continued requests for academic support for students who are struggling academically and need additional support from teachers
- feedback about school communication and requests for parent follow-up on student-specific topics
Here are a few suggested tools and resources based on what we are hearing.
- 5 Ways Parents Can Support Strong School-Home Communication
- Feeling unsure when to share feedback to your school? Check out this blog: When to Reach Out to The School
We also shared these resources with our partner schools:
- How to Use Your Report Reading Team to Follow-Up With Parents Quickly
- Effective Hybrid Learning Tips
- How Schools Are Effectively Communicating During This Time
We’d love to hear from you. What else do you want to need or see? Do these parent praise and insights align with what you see?