Possip heard from almost 14,000 parents and caregivers during the week ending March 28th. So what are family trends? What is happening across the 26 states where Possip partners with schools, districts and families? Take a look at an overview of parent praise and insight from across the country.
Last week, 71% of parents responded that they were happy with their child’s school, with the remaining saying they were mostly happy or not happy with their child’s school. Let’s look at other family trends from the week.
A few themes and family trends emerged across the country:
- Appreciation for schools asking families about their input and opinions on summer programming
- Praise for teachers who have supported their children during virtual learning
- Praise for staff members that are easing the transition back to in-person learning for schools going through that process
- Requests for academic support and one-on-one tutoring for students now and over the summer
- Feedback about COVID safety measures for in-person school and summer schools, as well as input on safety protocols for general reopening plans
- Continued requests for technology support during virtual learning and feedback on making virtual learning more effective for students
Here are a few suggested parent tools and resources based on what we are hearing.
- Free Downloadable: Helpful Summer Resources for Parents: https://hubs.ly/H0K4rNq0
- Free Resource: Technology Troubleshooting Checklist for Families: https://app.hubspot.com/documents/5933397/view/82309932?accessId=0b77fb
We also shared these resources with our partner schools…
- Blog: Preparing for the Return to In-Person School: https://possip.com/back-to-the-building-preparing-for-in-person-school/
- Blog: Tutoring Programs that Work for Your School: https://possip.com/principals-corner-tutoring-program-that-works-for-your-school-and-students/ (this was written pre-COVID, but strategies can still be adapted for virtual and in-person contexts)
We’d love to hear from you. What else do you want to need or see? How do these family trends align with what you are seeing? Email us at email@example.com.
We would love to hear from you!